Mufflers and silencers are often confused, but there is a big difference between the two. A muffler is meant to reduce noise while a silencer alters the sound of a gun. Valved muffler and silencers reduce the noise from an engine, making it easier to drive in crowded or noisy areas.
1. To Keep the Noise Levels Low: Mufflers and silencers reduce the noise level inside your car by up to 80%. This can help keep you and your passengers safe while driving.
Image Source: Google
2. To Protect Your Vehicle from Damage: A muffler or silencer can help protect your vehicle from damage caused by excessive noise. If the noise levels are too high, your car's engine may not be able to handle the stress, which can lead to catastrophic results.
3. To Improve Fuel Efficiency: By reducing the noise level in your car, you're also reducing fuel consumption. This can save you money on your monthly expenses.
4. To Protect Your Car's Mechanical Components: The excessive noise emitted from a muffler or silencer can wear out your car's mechanical components over time. If this happens, it could lead to major repairs or even a car loss.
5. To Reduce Road Rage: When drivers are driving around with low noise levels, it can reduce road rage and improve overall safety on the road. This is especially important when there are multiple drivers on the road who are all trying to get ahead of each other.