Asbestos is a material many people are not even familiar with. This has led to a series of FAQ’s in the past where people have gotten to learn about this material and are now aware of. Educate yourself along with your loved with the help of these FAQ’s about asbestos.
- Which year was Asbestos used Widely? – The popularity of asbestos as a construction material was during the 1960, 1970 and 1980. Countries such as USA, Australia and United Kingdom started using asbestos much earlier during the early 1940’s. And if you go back in the ancient times, asbestos was widely used by the Egyptians, Romans and Greeks.
- When did the Banning of Asbestos Started? – As many as 55 countries banned the use of asbestos in the following years.
- Chile – 2001
- UK – 1999
- Germany – 1993
- Italy – 1992
- Norway – 1984 along with many countries.
- Where is Asbestos used even Today? – Although as many as 55 countries have banned the use of asbestos. This material is still being preferred to be used in countries such as India, Russia and China.
- Why was Asbestos Popular? – Asbestos was popular due to having idyllic properties or characteristics which include the following; being resistant to electric current, condensation, ability to absorb sound, resistance to heat and alkali, being versatile, incombustible and strong etc.
- Can Asbestos be made by Humans? – The answer is no as it is a fibrous material that is known to occur naturally. In fact, this material was mined directly to countries like South Africa, China, Canada, Russia, Kazakhstan and Russia.
At the end of the day, asbestos removal in Newcastle, NSW area should only be done by a professional.